Affiliate Marketing is the emerging trend in order to earn money from blogs. This article enlists reasons why every blogger should start affiliate marketing to monetize his/her blog. Affiliate marketing is the quickest way to start making handsome money online. Instead of jumping directly to our main key points, I have categorized the article to give a brief description of affiliate marketing to new and novice bloggers:
- What is Affiliate Marketing?
- How Does Affiliate Marketing Works?
- Reasons why every blogger should start affiliate marketing
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing, as the name suggests, is a marketing platform. In this, business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate’s marketing efforts. In simple words, publishers will be promoting the certain business services or products on their blogs, so when a call to action is performed, publishers will be rewarded. You, as a publisher, will simply be linking up a buyer and a seller, and you take a commission on the sale that has been referred by you. You will learn about the different ways in which you can be rewarded in the later section.
Also Read: CPA Marketing Guide For Beginners
How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?
There are numbers of Affiliate Programs available from which you can choose like ShareASale, vCommission, Cuelinks, CommissionJunction, LinkShare etc. When you join or sign-up for an Affiliate program, you will get options to choose the products that you want to promote or sell on your blog based on your blog niche. Sellers provide you with a unique affiliate code that you can use to refer traffic to the target site. Most affiliate programs will offer ready-made text links, banners and other forms of creative copies whereby you only have to copy the code and place it on your website to start referring traffic. When interested visitors click on these links from your site they get redirected to the product site and if they purchase a product or subscribe to a service you as the referer make a commission. Only selling the products is not the way to get rewarded. Different affiliate programs can use different payment terms such as:
- Pay per Lead: In this, the advertiser pays the affiliate based on the conversion of leads, such as a file or software download, completion of a sign-up form for a newsletter, trial offer sign-up, or other desired action. If a customer follows an affiliate link to the advertiser’s site and completes the required action in accordance with the affiliate agreement, the affiliate is paid.
- Pay per Sale: In this, the advertiser pays the affiliate based on the conversion of sales. If a customer follows an affiliate link to the advertiser’s site and makes a purchase in accordance with the affiliate agreement, the affiliate is paid. Affiliates can earn a higher commission through pay-per-sale affiliate programs, however, these types of programs usually have the lowest conversion rate.
- Pay per Click: In this, you get paid based on the number of visitors you redirect to the Merchant’s website from your affiliate site, whether or not a sale is made.
Also Read: Cuelinks Review
Reasons Why Every Blogger Should Start Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is considered to be one of the world’s fastest-growing and best internet marketing techniques to earn money online. Following are the reasons why every blogger should start affiliate marketing and utilize these proven marketing techniques:
- No Additional Investments
One of the reasons why every blogger should start affiliate marketing is, there is no additional investment to start affiliate marketing. You have a blog and that’s it. You are good to go! You just need to join an affiliate program (that is also free) and get traffic and sales to your site. Even once you start earning an income with your site, your overheads will still remain low.
- Quickly Earn Money
You might have already monetized your blog with some ad networks. Just think how much you are earning through it in some given amount of time. Apart from a few ad networks, the payout is very less. But using affiliate marketing, you can earn $0-$100+ on single sale only. This is one of the good reasons why every blogger should start affiliate marketing. No doubt it is difficult to redirect your visitors to purchase or sign up for a service. But if you have decent traffic then it is not much difficult.
- Freedom to carry your opinion
If you are using ad networks you must have seen the ads keep on changing. There are many factors responsible for that – search keywords, browser cookies, advertiser bidding, and their product selections, etc. Though they show ads based on your blog niche only but sometime you might want to promote certain products only (either you have tried that or you consider it can increase conversion rate). In this case, affiliate marketing can save you. You can select particular products that you want to promote on your blog. For instance, I am using Genesis child theme from Genesis Framework and have found it worth purchase so I am promoting it to my visitors to have clean and SEO optimized theme for their blogs as well 🙂
- Wide Range Of Options
There are many affiliate programs available. Further, you have a wide range of options to select your products that are best suitable for your blog.
- Global Market
Online marketing gives you the opportunity to reach people all over the world easily. You don’t need to worry about any other ad hoc activities such as how the seller will provide end product to customers. This is all taken care of by the seller.
If you are monetizing your blog with ad networks, I would recommend you to start affiliate marketing as well. Though it is not as easy to earn from affiliate marketing if you have a huge visitor base you should give it a shot. You will soon start enjoying additional money coming to you. I am currently using ShareASale, vCommission, WP Engine, Grammarly, OptinMonster, MyThemeShop, DreamHost affiliate programs and have liked it due to their wide range of options available and monitoring and analytical abilities on the sale and other activities from my account. If you also want to start affiliate marketing, you can Sign Up here.
Also Read: ShareASale Affiliate Program Review
That’s all in this article – 5 Reasons why every blogger should start affiliate marketing. Do share your feedback and suggestions in the comments section below 🙂
Latest posts by Mohit Arora (see all)
- Amazing Digital PR Tactics That Can Help Your Business Grow - October 30, 2019
- 10 Premium & Free HTML5 Templates for All Occasions - September 25, 2019
- 10 Best Two Tier Affiliate Programs With Recurring Commission - September 14, 2019