Infosys, one of the renowned IT companies, has built the world’s biggest corporate training facility in Mysore. Infosys Mysore Campus is also known by several names as: “Heaven on Earth” and “A Paradise”. Infosys Mysore Campus is the epitome of real infrastructure art. The trainees who have been selected by Infosys for training at the Mysore campus will be really keen to go campus as soon, after reading this article.
Infosys’ Chairman and Chief Mentor M.R.Narayana Murthy has described the training center, located 140 km off from India’s silicon valley, Bangalore, as the biggest corporate training facility in the world. “We are setting up the biggest corporate training facility in the world with 2,000 rooms which can house 4,000 people on a twin sharing basis. As we would be hiring roughly 12,000 people on an average, if we train 4,000 employees for four months, we should be able to turn around three batches in a year at this center,” he says.
I am quite excited to share the information that I have grabbed with you all. I am sure you would also be very excited to know what’s in at Infosys Mysore Campus.
Accommodation and Facilities
- The allotment of Accommodation will be done on the first day of arrival.
- All Boys will get Single rooms and Almost all Girls will get shared rooms. Some girls would be luckier if they get single rooms.
- Your Parents/Guardians can come to meet you, but the Accommodation will be arranged only for the Trainees only, so anybody accompanying you won’t be able to enjoy the accommodation facility.
Facilities in room:
Every room will be provided with these things: Towel, bed sheet, bed covers, pillows, pillow cover, quilt, coffee and tea sachets with sugar (daily 1 each), bathing towel, 6 hangers, doormat, coffee and tea maker, a cup, glass, spoon, table lamp, wall clock, LCD TV, basket for dirty clothes, Almirah with electronic locker, all out for mosquitoes water bottle, table and study chair, sofa, western-style bathroom with shower, an AC.
Offer: Get Grammarly for free. It instantly checks your writing for grammar, punctuation, style, spelling mistakes. Sign Up Free to avail this limited offer. (Only Name & Email required). You can use it as a browser extension and do not need to do anything after that. Every time you write anything on the browser, it will show you grammatical errors. Isn’t it great? 🙂
Also Read: Namecheap Shared Hosting Coupon – Get 20% Off on Shared Hosting & 40% Off on VPS Hosting
List of things you will get in Infosys Mysore Campus
- Few hostels have an attached Laundromat where you can iron your clothes yourself and also get them washed in machines. You will get tickets for Laundromats on receptions, probably now tickets are also made available at Laundromats itself. You will have to pay Rs 50 per cycle for 8 KG.
- There is at least one cycle stand in front of every major building, Mysore campus has approximately 2000-5000 cycles. But You need to be an early riser if you want to get cycles. Or else you will have to go on your foot to the classrooms.
- There are 3 or 4 courier services available to send and receive packages to and from home. it costs decent.
- There is a large no. of cafes in every food court, there are 6 food courts.
- There is also a large departmental store (Loyal World in the recreation center) where you can buy all your daily stuff. There is also a small departmental store in the Oasis food court.
- The ECC (Employee Care Center) is the most important place for a Trainee in campus. It is built on Spanish architectural design. It has every facility you can think of, namely a gymnasium, badminton courts, table tennis, & squash courts, pool tables, aerobics center swimming pool, Jacuzzi, bowling alley, climbing the wall, meditation hall, Bank, Laundromat, company store, and 5-bed medical center.
Stuff you should carry along to campus:
- Your formal wear, at least 5 of them some casual wear for Saturdays and Sundays. You may or may not take matching Ties (Ties are now optional for the time being as declared by Vishal Sikka), socks, and belts.
Also Read: Introduction to MongoDB Tutorial
Update: Infosys has withdrawn its “wearing formal” rule. So you can wear anything from Monday to Friday. But please it must be decent enough. (Thanks to Subhayu Biswas for pointing this out)
- A pair of formal and casual shoes.
- iPods/Good smartphones are an absolute must if you want to survive the high burden of studies for relaxing.
- Most importantly carry a credit or international debit card so that you can pay your expenses for the first month. You will not get laundry coupons if you don’t have a credit/debit card.
Try Out: Work from anywhere on any device with a virtual cloud desktop by CloudDesktopOnline.com. For more hosted Microsoft applications such as Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, Project Server, and more, try Apps4Rent.
Stuff you may or may not carry:
- nail cutters
- pens, pencils, copies, and all kinds of stationery.
- facial products
- Umbrellas/raincoats. ( Hahahaha Shocked to read this? Dude, you need to have this. Come to campus and see it yourself)
Stuff you should not bring:
- LAPTOPS ( really heartbreaking news) (Update: Laptops are now allowed on campus but one cannot carry them in GEC while training) (Thank you Shivangi for letting us know about this change).
- Data Carriers i.e CDs, DVDs, Pendrives, floppy, or other such stuff.
- Towels and bedsheets.
- Soaps, mugs, etc
Also Read: Starting career with Infosys: Pros & Cons
Things you should not do in the Mysore campus:
- Smoking inside your hostel rooms, every room has a smoke sensor, you will be in great trouble. Get rid of these habits before coming to campus.
- Roaming late at night on campus roads with your new girl/boyfriend.
- Do not enter the campus gates when you are drunk, Infosys campus has the facility to carry out drinking tests in their own medical clinic. If you are found guilty, you will have to pay heavy penalties.
- Avoid playing games on your PCs or do not get caught.
- Do not entertain with the campus stuff, especially emergency alarms, fire alarms, etc. The campus has a full arrangement of CCTV cameras to record your activities.
- For Interns, Do not give your ID card to your friends to swipe in attendance on your behalf. It is a sin there. If caught, you will have to pay a high penalty for this.
** I have got queries on whether Infosys pays for your flights/or travel. You need to reach the campus on your own and Infosys does not pay for your flights. Check flights here.
Also Read: 8 Reasons Why You Should Start Blogging
View Infosys Mysore Campus:
I hope this article would have helped you to know about the campus. Share it with your other friends. Be ready to give the feedback below.
Also Read: MochaHost Coupon Code – Get 50% Off Lifetime Discount
Note: Guys, I am getting a lot of comments regarding the joining date and other joining related queries. Please be informed that I am not in the Infosys Placement Team and do not know about recruitment and another process. I have done an Internship in Infosys Mysore and now working with Infosys. I have written this article on my experience to help you all guys in understanding life at Mysore Campus. I may help you in knowing the internship process as I have undergone, but I may not be able to able to solve any other queries. If you have any doubt regarding this I will happily help you, folks 🙂
Also Read: Key Features Of MongoDB
I hope you find this article helpful. Don’t Forget To Share It with your friends and subscribe to our email newsletter for more such updates. Do you have more information to share? Do share your feedback and comments.
- Dropshipping With AI : Is DropGenius Right For You? - February 21, 2024
- How to Choose Right SEO Strategies to Get Success - August 30, 2023
- Spocket Review – How’s this Dropshipping Suppliers Marketplace? - May 7, 2023