Have you ever opened your website in your mobile? Does it look messy? If yes, then you are lagging behind in the world of blogging. This is the mobile era and most people carry their mobiles and access the internet through their mobiles itself. If you do not offer your visitors an optimized mobile view of your website you are degrading your SEO Ranking. No one will come back to your website again if they are finding it hard to traverse and check your articles. The main hurdles that seem annoying to visitors are that they need to zoom in and zoom out text as text is merely visible. The links are placed nearer and viewport is looking messy and crowded.
You can check if your website is mobile friendly or not on Google Webmaster Tools. Go to this link(https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/) and give your domain name. If it is not, then it is high time to convert the site to mobile friendly.
Following are the options that help you to make website mobile friendly:
1) Choose a responsive theme that offers optimized mobile view for your website.
2) Create a mobile view of your website manually either using mobile web builder tools available in the market or by coding itself.
3) Use available Plugins to let them create a mobile view of your website and make your website mobile friendly.
Following are the good plugins that help you to create a mobile view of your website.
• Jetpack is the plugin that gives site owners the mobile-friendly features of hosted WordPress.com with your self-hosted site.
• WPTouch is the solution to create a separate, mobile-friendly version of your site. Your desktop themes will remain the same. For visitors from mobile devices, your site will display with a different theme. Several theme choices are available.
• WP Mobile Detector, similarly to WPTouch, provides some themes to present visitors using a mobile device.
You can also do google mobile-friendly test. My website reviewed the summary by the Google Webmaster Tool –
Follow the below steps to configure JetPack plugin.
1) Log in to your Website WordPress Account.
2) Go to Plugins and Click ‘Add New’.
3) Search for ‘Jetpack by WordPress.com’ in the search box.
4) Click On ‘Install Now’ to install the plugin.
5) After installing Plugin it will ask you to synchronize your Jetpack plugin with your WordPress.com account. Give your credentials and configure it.
6) Next Step is – Go to Plugins –> Jetpack by WordPress.com –> Settings
7) Activate the ‘Mobile Theme’ and you are done 🙂
My website reviewed the summary by the Google Webmaster Tool after installing the JetPack plugin and activating the mobile theme.
Hope this article will benefit you. Share your feedback and responses with other audience.
Latest posts by Mohit Arora (see all)
- 10 Best Paying Google AdSense Alternatives 2019 - May 26, 2019
- WebHostingPad Coupons & Promo Codes: Upto 50% Off - March 4, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide on Using LinkedIn Profile To Promote Business - January 29, 2019