All of us know a lot about Lord Shri Krishna. The name Krishna itself means “all-attractive”. In other words, Krishna is able to attract anything within the entire creation. He is the Supreme Absolute Truth and His Divine Lotus like Feet is the ultimate goal of all the living entities.
In the Vedic literature, Lord Krishna is described as the ultimate source of all knowledge; hence, He is also the most reliable source of knowledge and the greatest well-wisher of all the living entities. The whole guru parampara (the disciplic succession) begins from Him. There are many incarnations of Lord Krishna. Each one is scheduled and forecast within the Vedas themselves, and manifest within this material world in order to teach by example the path to spiritual emancipation.
Following are some unknown facts about Lord Shri Krishna
1) There are total of 108 names of Lord Krishna. Some of the known and famous names are – ‘Govind’, ‘Ranchhod(who has run away from a battlefield.)’, Vasudeva, Gopal, Ganshyam, Girdhaari, Mohan, Ban ke Bihari, Banwari, Chakradhara, Devakinandan, Hari etc.
2) In order to pay Gurudakshina to his guru Sage Sandipani, Krishna brought back his son who was dead.
3) As we know, Krishna was the eighth child of his mother, Devaki. The seventh one was Balrama. He also brought other six sons of Devaki for a reunion. These six sons were the grandsons of Hirnakashyap who were suffering from a curse.
4) Krishna had a total of 16,108 wives, of which eight were his princely wives. Hence known as Ashtabharya or Patrani.
5) Krishna had eighty sons from his eight wives, thus ten sons from each wife.
Also Read: Shri Khatu Shyam ji Falgun Mela
6) Ekalavya was actually Krishna’s cousin. He was the son of Devsharava(Brother of Vasudeva) who lost in a forest was found by Nishada Hiranyadhanu. For his great sacrifice, while paying guru Dakshina (thumb of his right hand) to his Guru Dronacharaya, Krishna blessed him that he will soon reincarnate and will take revenge from Dronacharaya. This was Dhristadyumna who killed Dronacharaya in Mahabharata.
7) The narration of Bhagavad Gita was not firstly listened by Arjuna. Rather it was listened by Hanuman and Sanjay. As Hanuman was perched on the top of the Arjuna’s chariot throughout the battle of Mahabharata. And Sanjay was blessed with supreme vision by Ved Vyasa to narrate the scenes of Mahabharata to Dhritarashtra.
8) Krishna was the first person who told Karna about the secret of his birth.
Also Read: Top 10 Popular Shri Khatu Shyam Ji Bhajans
9) After the great war, Gandhari anathematized Lord Krishna that his kingdom will perish by the flood with his people killing them. Gandhari was an ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu ( and Krishna as he is an Avatar of Lord Vishnu ) and hence the curse was pre-destined, part of the bigger picture. After 36 years of war, the wheels of time turned and true to the cursed chain of events led to Yadav’s killing themselves. This was again put into place by the Lord himself, for he prayed for a son like Lord Shiva, God of destruction. His son started the chain of events which eventually destroyed Dwarka. Seeing the destruction Lord Krishna went away with his brother and the river consumed Dwarka, as per the curse. Balaram vexed from the disaster sat in meditation and was taken away by Adisesha( Balaram was the incarnation of Adisesha ) This lead Lord Krishna to move towards his end as a human form. Krishna was killed by a simple hunter’s arrow. This arrow was part of the mysticism which destroyed Dwarka. The hunter was destined to be the one who ends Krishna’s human form. It was Lord Vishnu himself in his earlier incarnation, Lord Rama, had granted Angada the boon to kill his father’s killer which happened to be Lord Vishnu himself. The Equality in life and death is mesmerizing for the law is followed to the dot in multiple aspects, the more you think the more sense it makes.
Do share your feedback and views in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Mohit Arora (see all)
- 10 Premium & Free HTML5 Templates for All Occasions - September 25, 2019
- 10 Best Two Tier Affiliate Programs With Recurring Commission - September 14, 2019
- 10 Best Social Media Templates to Highlight Your Social Accounts - August 23, 2019