Yes, you read it right – Digital Jewelry !!!! Mostly, when we heard about Jewelry, various ornaments comes into our mind. It is natural as Jewelry is worn for many reasons i.e for aesthetics, as a symbol of affiliation or commitment or even to impress others. Researchers are trying to change the way we think about the Jewelry we wear. It may seem surprising today, maybe not tomorrow. The latest computer craze has been to be able to wear wireless computers.“Digital Jewelry” looks to be the next upcoming sizzling fashion trend of the technological wave. In the next wave of mobile computing devices, our jewelry might double as our cell phones, personal digital assistants (PDAs) and GPS receivers.
Today, manufacturers can place millions of transistors on a microchip, which can be used to make small devices that store tons of digital data. Digital Jewelry appears to be one of the biggest growing promotions of its time. Digital Jewelry is the fashion jewelry with embedded intelligence. It can help you solve problems like forgotten passwords and security badges. These devices have a tiny processor and unique identifiers that interact with local sensors.
Also Read: Domain Name System
“We’ve made one of almost everything except tongue rings,” says Dan Russell, senior manager of IBM’s Almaden Research Lab, where IBM is developing digital Jewelry technology.
Due to this technology, cell phones will take a totally new form, appearing to have no form at all. Instead of using one single device, cell phones will be broken up into their basic components and packaged as various pieces of digital Jewelry. Each piece of jewelry will contain a fraction of the components found in a mobile phone, according to IBM. Together, the digital Jewelry cell phone should work just like a conventional cell phone.
The various components that are inside a cell phone are Microphone, Receiver, Touchpad, Display, Circuit board, Antenna, Battery.
Also Read: Tele-immersion
Component of Digital Jewelry
IBM has developed a prototype of a cell phone that consists of several pieces of digital Jewelry that will work together wirelessly, possibly with Bluetooth wireless technology. Here are the pieces of IBM’s computerized-jewelry phone and their functions:
- Digital Jewelry Earrings – Speakers embedded into these earrings will be the phone’s receiver.
- Digital Jewelry Necklace – Users will talk into the necklace’s embedded microphone.
- Digital Jewelry Ring – Digital Ring, the Most interesting piece of the phone, this “magic decoder ring” is equipped with light-emitting diodes (LED’s) that flash to indicate an incoming call. It can also be programmed to identify a particular caller or indicate the importance of a call by using different colors flash.
- Digital Jewelry Bracelet -It is equipped with a video graphics array (VGA) display, this wrist display could also be used as a caller identifier that flashes the name and phone number of the caller.
With a jewelry phone, the keypad and dialing function could be integrated into the bracelet. It’s likely that voice-recognition software will be used to make calls, a capability that is already commonplace in many of today’s cell phones. All that one has to do is say the name of the person you want to call and the phone will dial that person. IBM is also working on a miniature rechargeable battery to power these components.
Imagine being able to e-mail your boss just by talking into your necklace, or by picking up messages through your watch. The whole concept behind this is to be able to communicate to others by means of wireless appliances. The other key factor of this concept market is to stay fashionable at the same time. Cellular phones are often said to be attached to our ears in this day an age.
Also Read: 3-dimensional printing
That’s all in this article on Digital Jewelry. Do not forget to share it with your friends. If you have any questions, do let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Mohit Arora (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide on Using LinkedIn Profile To Promote Business - January 29, 2019
- 15+ Best Paying Affiliate Programs in ShareASale To Join [Updated] - January 11, 2019
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sale 2018 – Deals, Coupons & Discounts - November 16, 2018