Search Engine algorithms and techniques have changed over the years to improve search performance and results. The main motto of SEO is to provide additional value to visitors. Keyword research has always been very crucial as search results are based on the keywords that are typed in the search engines and sites. Now, Long Tail keywords have emerged as a way to reach users. Long tail keywords usually contain more than three words and include specific words that users can use to fulfill their needs. Rather than continue to struggle for the same competitive, high-volume keywords, it may be time to take a deeper look at longer terms.
Google’s Hummingbird algorithm change has put them high up on your SEO practices. Hummingbird changed the way search actually looks at keywords and phrases. Instead of picking apart the keywords within a phrase, it now understands entire questions or sentences within context. It means long-tail keywords now get more traffic via search engines. While showing ‘Search related to our keyword’ Google also shows long-tail keywords. As shown below, on the searching keyword ‘Increase traffic’ Google shows long-tail keywords search results –
Above are a few long-tail keywords examples. The simple rule is – The longer search terms are, the easier it will be to rank on the term. Long-tail keywords are more specific and less common. The longer and more specific the search terms are, the higher the chances of conversion are. One of the benefits of long-tail keywords is you can create different variations of the same search phrase, but it’s important to think about what people would actually look for in search. In addition, variations allow you to see which terms are the most competitive so you can make adjustments based on which phrases should be optimized.
How to Use Long-Tail Keywords
While choosing Long Tail Keywords, you need to do some brainstorming and think from the user perspective. What kinds of questions do they have? If I am writing this article, what are they likely entering into their search engines? If you can think so and find long-tail keywords, you are good to go and rank higher in search results.
Tools to Find Long Tail Keywords
Keyword research can already be challenging, but there are a couple of analytical tools marketers can use to identify good long-tail keywords. If you are not able to figure out the proper keywords on your own, you can try an online tool that can help you to do research thing for you. Below are the long-tail keywords tools:
- Long Tail Pro: This is a paid tool, and it offers many features in addition to finding profitable long-tail keywords. Below is the screenshot of Long Tail Pro. It is my favourite long tail keyword tool.
- Free Keyword Tool By WordStream – This tool comes in Free as well as Pro version. In the free version, search results and contents are limited. You can try it for a few days and then jump to its Pro version.
- Hit Tail: Hit Tail is also a paid tool. It will help you to make a list of long-tail keywords which can bring better results. It also suggests other LT keywords that you should target.
There are many other free long tail keyword tools also. Also, many paid tools are available in the market to analyze the long tail keywords. You can try them as well.
- SEMrush is an awesome tool to find the right keywords to drive organic traffic. Read SEMrush Review here.
Any Drawback of Using Long Tail Keywords ?
There are no such drawbacks and flaws of using long tail keywords. But you should keep in mind that volume on these search phrases is low, but if you were able to rank on the first page for some of these terms, you would be bringing in some very highly targeted traffic to your site month after month. While longer keywords are less competitive and less expensive, you run the risk of no one searching for them if they're too wordy. In addition, Google could mark it as an inactive keyword.
If you are focusing on long-tail keywords, you will get targeted and relevant traffic to your website. Now, as you are getting targeted traffic it will provide better conversion rates as well. So go for it and rank your website higher in search engine 🙂
Do share your views and feedback on what are your strategies to research Long Tail Keywords and how much it helped you in search terms.
- SE Ranking Review – An All Round SEO Software - March 6, 2022
- FlexClip Review – Good Online Video Editor Worthy a Try - February 19, 2022
- DesignEvo Free Logo Maker – Review and How-to Guide - January 17, 2022