Infosys is one of the biggest IT tycoons in India. Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology, and outsourcing solutions. But have you fully made your mind on starting your career with Infosys? Being fresher, we are more concern about starting our career with a good and fruitful start that can help us in the future or in a long run. We come across many circumstances where we get an option to choose from several companies as which company we will be joining. Few students skip the small start-up companies and wait for large companies to come to their campus. They join the recruitment drives conducted by only big MNCs. So is the case with Infosys as it is a big brand.
I will not share my views whether to go to start-up companies or MNC companies in the initial stage of your career as of now. I will write another article listing my conclusion for same.
Now sticking to the article, Infosys is the mass recruiter company. It recruits a large number of fresher not only from CS/IT background but also from Non-CS/IT background as well. I am listing down the Pros and cons for starting the career with Infosys. It might vary with individual experiences.
Pros for starting career with Infosys
- Infosys provides the best training that you can ever undergo (My personal Experience). Infosys has made a large training campus at Mysore to train freshers. It provides training on various technologies with an excellent study material, well created PPTs and online learning tools.
- Less stressful work so you can learn other technologies side by side if you wish.
- Infosys provides Good facilities and has a good infrastructure to maximize the use of all possible options.
- The Work environment is good.
- Good Onsite Opportunities (If you can survive in Infosys for more than 3-4 Years)
- Infosys conducts training programs on various new technologies side by side. You can register yourself and learn new technologies that you want.
- If you have plans for higher studies then Infosys is good for you. Work pressure is less so you can study and prepare for MBA or MTech and give exams.
- Finally, the major point is Infosys has a brand value and a good fame. It can help you to get a good package in small companies if you are good in your domain.
Cons for starting career with Infosys:
1) The Project distribution is random. No matter in which technology you are interested or good at, you will be given project on the random basis.
2) No challenging work to do. No hard coding. If you are a keen coder or love coding, Infosys is not for you. Most projects are Support & Maintenance basis.
3) Pay scale is less for fresher as compared to other companies. (On higher Job level, it is still OK)
4) Too much of Variable Pay component
5) You need to read/practice your favorite domain at your own to brush up your skills if you want your career in that domain only. Thus, moving out of Infosys to get a job in your domain in other company.
6) You have to maintain average working hours of 9.15 yearly.
I hope this article will be beneficial for you to give a better picture. Please do share your feedback or experiences in the comments to help other people.
Latest posts by Mohit Arora (see all)
- What You May Not Know About MD5 Hash Generator 2? - February 19, 2017
- Revive Old Post Plugin Review: Share Old Blog Posts on Social Sites - January 9, 2017
- LSI Keywords – What Are They & Tools To Find Them - December 23, 2016