Bloggers have many options to monetize their blog. After writing reviews about Adversal, Infolinks, Bidvertiser, Propeller Ads, Revenue Hits , I have come up with Chitika Ad reviews. In this article, I will give you an overview of Chitika which is one of the popular alternative ad networks to AdSense. Chitika is a primary non-contextual advertising company. The best thing about Chitika is, it has a low minimum payout threshold. If you are a newbie blogger and have a blog with less traffic, Chitika is going to be one of those premium ad networks which will show quality relevant ads. If you have a high-quality blog, you can earn a great income from Chitika.
Chitika Ad Reviews – A Scam or Legit?
The first question that comes to mind while trying to use any method to monetize the blog is – Is it Scam or Legit? Chitika is a 100% legit company. Chitika is one of the oldest companies in online advertising space. It was founded in 2003. One of my friends is already earning a handsome amount from Chitika and he always gets paid on time. So it is not a scam but a legit company. Now I have also tried Chitika and about to reach the threshold soon. I will share my payment proof soon.
How Chitika Works?
Chitika can show relevant ads for a site with very few text and a lot of video content. For instance, a visitor searched for some special keyword and comes to your website, the ads that appear on your website for this visitor, will be based on what the visitor was searched for. In the case of a direct view of the ad, they may show a blank one or an ad from answered questions dot com. You might already know it if you are a publisher of Chitika. Hence you can imagine if it will show ads relevant to your content, your CTR will be high and you can earn a good income from it. (There are many types of ads options available in Chitika)
Also Read: ShareASale Review – Why Is it Best Affiliate Marketing Program?
Chitika Ad Reviews: Minimum Criteria to Join Chitika
There are no minimum criteria to join Chitika. Any newbie blogger or blog having less amount of traffic can also apply for Chitika and can get it approved easily. Joining with Chitika is easy as publishers and advertisers from all countries are accepted and there are no restrictions as to the minimum impressions of the site. They do not take much time to approve the account. Once you are approved, all you need to do is create ad zone and place the code on your blog. If you are not so tech-savvy and using WordPress, you can use their WordPress plugin to show Chitika ads on your blog.
You can sign up for Chitika using this link
Chitika Ad Reviews: Different Ad Formats Available
Chitika provides a wide range of ads to use on your blog including mobile ads which are a major requisite to today’s date. Chitika ads can be clubbed into below group
- Banner ads — They are standard Ad type. Chitika does not show banner ad but they show images with text.
- Mobile ads – These days, a huge amount of traffic comes from Smartphones or mobiles. It is mandatory to provide ads that can be easily viewable in the mobile version without degrading the design or performance. Chitika stands by you in this case. These ads are displayed only if your website is viewed on the mobile device. The ads are displayed depending on the device, not the site. This means if a user browses your website using mobile device ads will show up. You do not have to create a mobile site for this. Entire mobile traffic of your website will get monetized.
- In text ads — Chitika is CPC (Cost Per Click) based on text link ads. You may also have heard about In-Text advertising network such as Infolinks etc.
- Hover ads — Hover ads are displayed in the bottom right corner of your website. They remain at that place while the visitor is scrolling down your website.
- Highlight ads — Highlight ads get displayed when a user selects some text on your website. It will get displayed below the user selected text area.
Creating ads and customizing is very easy. After selecting your preferred ad size you can click on get the code to get the ad codes. You can embed that code to your blog to show ads.
Chitika Payment Terms
(As of March 2017) Chitika’s payment method to cash out your revenue is Payoneer. Your account needs to accumulate the minimum amount of $50 before payment is sent. Payments are processed on a ‘Net 30’ schedule.
Compatibility with Google Adsense
The good news here is – Chitika is compatible with Google Adsense. You do not have to make any changes to your Adsense layout nor to Chitika ads to make them work together. They are compatible out of the box. In fact, it is claimed that using Chitika along with Adsense increases earnings.
Also Read: Genesis Framework Review – 10 Reasons Why You Should Buy This Right Now?
Chitika support is fairly good. The usual response time from Chitika is within 24 hours which is very fast. Furthermore, they have a very good knowledge base which answers so many questions.
Chitika Ads Reviews: A look at Publisher’s dashboard
Chitika provides a simple and easy platform for publishers to use it. Below snapshot includes the report section provided by Chitika. You can view and even save reports for whatever period you want (7 days, 14 days, 30 days, This Month, Last Month, Custom date). You can uncheck ‘Show Channels’ if you just want to view your earnings.
Chitika Ad Reviews – Pros of Using Chitika
- Low eligibility criteria.
- Minimum payout is low (just $10)
- Suitable for all the niche type.
- Approval is easy
- Different Ads options including mobile types.
- Targeted Advertising
- Can use alongside Adsense and other ad networks
- Search targeted ads ensure that only relevant ads are shown to the visitor
- Chitika support countries worldwide with their ad units
- Auto-resizing mobile ads make monetizing mobile traffic very easy
Chitika Ad Reviews – Cons of Using Chitika
- Shows ad mostly on traffic from search engine.
- Less PPC in comparison to AdSense.
- Traffic from referrals are not targeted very well and ads are displayed based on your main keyword or title.
Chitika Ad Reviews : Summary
|Network Type:||CPC, PPC, CPM Pay-per-call for mobile ads|
|Chitika CPM, CPC, PPC Advertising Rates and Revenue:||Average $0.30 to $0.60, Highest $3|
|Minimum Payment Threshold:||$10 for PayPal|
|Payment Frequency:||Monthly, NET 30|
Also Read: 10 Highest Paying Affiliate Programs To Join
At the end of the review, I would recommend giving Chitika a shot. It can be a fairly good choice for people who have product based blogs and also for general websites. Since they scan the search strings that we used to reach the website, they are able to outperform Adsense. Their payout is at 10$. Considering all this, Chitika is a good choice 🙂
You can sign up for Chitika using this link
Latest posts by Mohit Arora (see all)
- 10 Premium & Free HTML5 Templates for All Occasions - September 25, 2019
- 10 Best Two Tier Affiliate Programs With Recurring Commission - September 14, 2019
- 10 Best Social Media Templates to Highlight Your Social Accounts - August 23, 2019