In this era, mostly every single one owns a computer or laptop. Though people use it for different reasons- some for their profession, some of playing games, some for surfing internet. But many people uses it to store their personal data. They do not want this personal data to be disclosed to anyone. Do not take my wrong, you dirty minds. This personal data can be their family pictures, their videos etc.
Also Read: How To Know Who Used Your PC In Your Absence
So everyone is afraid of giving their computers/laptops to the least trusty persons. Obviously, it is not polite to say NO to them on their face nor it is an easy one. Sometimes you just hide your folder by setting its property to hidden. But have you checked that when you search your hidden folder, you get it in search results or not? Obviously, you will get this hidden folder in the search result. In simple words, anyone knowing the name of hidden folder can search it and view it easily. But do not panic, Today I am giving a solution to your this problem. I will tell you how to hide files or folders without any software. You just need to follow three simple steps. The most important thing is that once hidden with this method, the files/folders cannot be viewed by any search options even if you click “Show All Hidden Files and Folders”.
Also Read: How To Speed Up Your Internet by 20%
Hiding the most wanted files and folders is very important nowadays and it’s really a tedious job too. In order to make this tedious job an easy one, I am going to give you a trick now.
For Example, You have a folder named “personal data” and this folder is stored in (Disk Drive G). You think that it should not be seen by strangers who use your PC.
For that, you need to follow the following instructions
- Press windowkey+R: Run command dialog box appears.
- Now type “cmd” and hit enter. A command prompt window displays.
- Now type “attrib +s +h G:\personaldata” and hit enter.
- The folder “personal data” will be hidden (Note: It cannot be viewed by any search options)Now your folder has been hidden , to view this folder again, use the same command but replace ‘+’ with ‘-‘ on both flags’ and ‘h’)
Enjoy this trick and Share with your friends. Do not forget to give your feedback to us. Your feedback means a lot to us.
Latest posts by Mohit Arora (see all)
- 10 Best Paying Google AdSense Alternatives 2019 - May 26, 2019
- WebHostingPad Coupons & Promo Codes: Upto 50% Off - March 4, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide on Using LinkedIn Profile To Promote Business - January 29, 2019