WordPress Ping list is a must have if you want to index your site faster. Indexing is a necessary part of the blogging world. No matter how many posts you have published but if they are not getting indexed then they are of no use. Even well SEO optimized article takes days or even weeks to get indexed because it has to wait for search engines’ crawlers to crawl it. So what to do in this case? We can make the indexing process faster by using simple WordPress Ping List on our blog.So, I thought to share my views on that. Today, I am writing an article on WordPress Ping List which will help you in extending the reach of your blog. All bloggers want to have maximum exposure and reach to major search engines. There are many methods to achieve this and ping list is one of them. There are many reasons why people prefer to use WordPress than any other CMS. One such feature is it helps in better indexing of your blog.
I am breaking this article into following subcategories to understand it easily. Let’s proceed to the article.
- What is Pinging?
- What Is WordPress Ping List?
- Best WordPress Ping List For 2018
- How To Add/Update Your WordPress Ping List?
- What is Pinging?
Pinging, as the name suggests, is a way of telling the search engines, blog directories, RSS directories and feed websites etc that you have published new blog posts or updated any content on your blog. This will attract bots to crawl your blog right away for any new updates. Ping is an XML-RPC (Remote Procedure Call) based push mechanism, also known as XML RPC ping. Pinging is a good practice to extend your reach to major search engines. But there is a catch too. Keep in mind that you should ping only when you have any fresh content on your blog. Google and other search engines can penalize your site if you are pinging too much and can affect your site badly. So, do not ping unnecessarily.
2) What Is WordPress Ping List?
If you are a newbie you might not know that what are pings in WordPress. In simple words, WordPress has a built-in ability to automatically notify (pings) popular update services each time you publish a new post or updates an existing one. In turn, update services process the ping and update their indices accordingly so that people browsing such sites can get to know about your most recent posts and come to your blog. WordPress by default uses Ping-O-Matic’s (or simply pingomatic) server (rpc.pingomatic.com), which is a popular ‘ping’ service. But not only this, we can also add other useful pinging services manually to increase our reach. It also provides SEO benefits and helps in getting instant traffic from various sources. A quality WordPress Ping list can help you in getting your post indexed as soon as you publish it. Isn’t it good?
- Tricks To Recover Lost WordPress Password Using Different Methods
- How To Check If Website Uses WordPress ?
- Top 10 Unknown Hidden Features Of WordPress
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Buy Genesis Framework By StudioPress
3) Best WordPress Ping List For 2018
Below is the best WordPress Ping List for faster indexing of your site.
4) How To Add/Update Your WordPress Ping List?
Now, the question is how to add or update your Ping list. Follow below steps to update your list:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard
- Navigate the left sidebar. Go to Settings –> Writing
- Scroll down to ‘Update Services’. Here, you will see all the ping services added to your blog. Below is the snapshot of my Pinging services.
- To update your list, copy all the pinging services mentioned above and paste in this box.
- Click on ‘Save Changes’.
You have successfully updated your ping service list now. Sit back now and see how your reach changes after few days. It might not be most critical part of SEO but it is an important part of SEO that you should not overlook.
I hope you find this article helpful. Don’t Forget To Share It with your friends and subscribe to our Email newsletter for more such updates. Do you have more WordPress Ping list to share? Do share your feedback and comments.
Latest posts by Mohit Arora (see all)
- MailOptin Review: Best Email Marketing WordPress Plugin? - January 15, 2018
- WP Rocket Review – Why Should You Buy This Caching Plugin? - January 7, 2018
- 7 Best Paying Affiliate Programs in ShareASale To Join - December 18, 2017