New Delhi: South Korean famous giant and one of the leading smartphone maker company, Samsung will launch its flagship smartphone Samsung Galaxy S4 in India on April 26 much to the delight of the fans. Unveiled in March, Samsung Galaxy S4 was scheduled for April 25 launch but now it has been delayed by a day, according to reports. It will also go on sale in the US and some other European countries on the same day, as per the reports.
Powered by Android operating system, Galaxy S4, is the extended version of Galaxy S III. Samsung hopes to sell around 10 million units of its top smartphone within one month of launch.
In India, the company is the top smartphone vendor and has create a monopoly in the dealing of most the smartphones. According to CyberMedia Research, Samsung had a share of 43% in Indian smartphone market at the end of 2012.
Currently, Samsung and Apple are fighting a bitter war in Indian market. Last year Apple promoted its operations in India. This year it has launched several aggressive schemes, including price cuts on older models of iPhones, to increase sale of its smartphones. Samsung has responded by introducing its own schemes, including cash back and zero interest EMIs for several models of Galaxy phones.
The Korean company hopes Galaxy S4 will help it stay ahead of Apple as a new iPhone is not expected to launch anytime soon.
When it hits the market, Galaxy S4 will also compete against HTC One, a phone that has garnered much praise among technology reviewers for its design, camera performance and a few unique features like Zoe. HTC One has been priced at Rs 42,990. It will be available in Indian market by the end of this month. Whereas the cost price of Samasung Galaxy S4 will be around Rs 40,000-42,000.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is available in two versions – one powered by a Qualcomm S600 processor and another powered by Samsung’s 8-core Exynos processor. However, the Exynos model is the model that is likely to be launched in India, reports say.
- Display: 4.99″ 16M-color Super AMOLED HD capacitive touchscreen; 1920 x 1080 pixels (441ppi)
- Processor: 1.6 GHz Quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 and 1.2 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 / 1.9GHz Krait 300
- OS: Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- RAM: 2GB
- Memory: Internal storage of 16/32GB/64GB with microSD card slot
- Camera: 13 MP auto-focus; 2 MP front. Face detection, touch focus and image stabilization, Dual Shot, Cinema Photo.
- Video: Full HD (1080p) at 30fps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, standard microUSB, GPS receiver with A-GPS and GLONASS, NFC, Infrared port
- Battery: 2600 mAh
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9mm, 130 gm
Latest posts by Mohit Arora (see all)
- What You May Not Know About MD5 Hash Generator 2? - February 19, 2017
- Revive Old Post Plugin Review: Share Old Blog Posts on Social Sites - January 9, 2017
- LSI Keywords – What Are They & Tools To Find Them - December 23, 2016