MUMBAI: There is a relieving news for the Salman Khan as session court has deferred the hearing of case to April 8. It was scheduled to be occur on the Monday. Salman Khan has been charged for the 2002 hit-and-run case. The court has accepted this due to his lawyer’s plea for time to file a document even as Salman Khan was expected to appear in person before the court, but he did not.
The actor, who had returned from the US in the early hours yesterday, was widely expected to appear before the court since it was the first day of hearing in the case, which has already been tried by a magistrate’s court. The actor’s return from the US, just a day ahead of hearing, had fuelled speculation in the media that he would make a personal appearance.
A lawyer appeared on behalf of Salman’s senior counsel Ashok Mundargi and sought time to file certain documents which he did not specify. Accepting his prayer, the court adjourned the hearing for two weeks.
The actor now faces serious charge of ‘culpable homicide not amounting to murder’ which attracts a punishment up to ten years in prison.
One person was killed and four injured when a Toyota Land Cruiser, allegedly driven by Salman, ran over people sleeping on pavement in suburban Bandra area in the wee hours on September 28, 2002.
After hearing the arguments, the court may either reject Salman’s appeal and go ahead with the trial or refer the matter back to the magistrate and ask him to conduct the case, legal sources told.
Salman had earlier been tried by a magistrate under the lesser charge of ‘causing death by negligence’ (Section 304 A) which is punishable with two years imprisonment.
However, on a plea filed by the State and Mumbai Police, the magistrate had invoked the charge of ‘culpable homicide not amounting to murder’ (section 304 part II) which can be tried by a sessions court.
The magistrate, while remanding the case to sessions court for trial, had asked Salman to present himself on March 11 but he did not appear because at that time it was not decided who will hear the matter. Now that a judge has been assigned to hear the case, he would fix a date for the trial and the actor will have to appear on that day, the sources said.
Of all the public appearances that are lined up on Salman’s busy schedule of commitments, Bollywood superstar and accused in a 2002 hit-and-run case Salman Khan has been let off from the kind that is least expected – those that require his presence at the court of law.
Apart from this, there are more difficulties for Salman Khan has been raised. Just days after India’s Supreme Court verdict on actor Sanjay Dutt in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case left the star facing five years in jail, Indian media is now reporting that fresh charges have been filed against Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan and three other actors in a 14-year-old case of poaching a blackbuck during a film shooting in Rajasthan.
Seeing all this, Salman Khan’s optimistic father Salim Khan has asked his fans to remain hopeful.
In a telephonic conversation Salim Khan told Emirates24|7: “All I can say is please pray for him, I request all his fans to pray”.
On the end we can just say that we ourselves can not come to result and we have to accept the court decisions either it is in favour of Salman Khan or against him. Court’s decision will be the final one.
Evaluate Your Website Below & Improve!!
Latest posts by Mohit Arora (see all)
- Top 17 Common Link Building Mistakes You Should Not Do - August 7, 2017
- 23 Deadly Black Hat SEO Techniques You Should Avoid - July 12, 2017
- Self Hosted WordPress VS Blogger – Which CMS To Choose - June 15, 2017