New Delhi: The 21st century is known as era of technology. A number of new technologies are being invented and developed in a single day. According to reports, recently, Asus has launched the Fonepad, its 7-inch new budget tablet in India at Rs 15,999. The 7-inch Asus fonepad with voice calling capabilities was unveiled back in February at the Mobile World Congress in Spain.
Asus fonepad has been powered with Android , the Jelly Bean 4.1 version of Google’s operating system. It has 3G connectivity for mobile data and full telephony support. It has 7-inch WXGA LED Backlight IPS panel and a resolution of 1280×800 pixels. The device is powered by a 1.2GHz Intel Atom Z2420 chipset, PowerVR GC540 GPU and 1GB of RAM.
The device comes with 8GB of internal storage of which only 4.39 GB is user-accessible and is expandable up to 32GB, with a microSD card. It is powered with 4270 mAh battery which promises 9 hours talk-time on the device. The tablet also offers a Power Saver mode to optimise and extend battery life. The connectivity features are Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n, USB 2.0 ports, 3.5mm headphone jack, tethering and computer sync.
It sports 1.2-megapixel front facing camera and 3.15-megapixel rear camera. The tablet supports 1080p videos. The camera app offers a lot of options including Panorama mode, settings for exposure, white balance, and ISO, among others.
The tablet comes preloaded with Amazon Kindle app for e-books, App Backup, App Locker, Asus Story, Asus Studio, Audio Wizard, BuddyBuzz, MyBitCast, MyLibrary Lite, etc.
Key Specifications of Asus Fonepad
- Android v4.1 OS (Jelly Bean)
- Intel Atom Z2420 processor with 1.2GHz CPU speed
- 7-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display
- 1280×800 pixels resolution
- 1 GB RAM
- 1.2-megapixel front facing camera
- 3.15-megapixel rear camera
- 4270 mAh battery
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 8GB of internal storage
- expandable up to 32GB
- Size 196.4 x 120.1 x 10.4 mm
- Weight 340 g
- Colours Titanium Gray, Champagne Gold
Asus had launched its Google Nexus 7 tablet with its 7” display for the Indian market in April 2013
Latest posts by Mohit Arora (see all)
- Losing Twitter Followers? Here are Top 10 Reasons - May 1, 2018
- Important Things Everyone Should Know About Instagram - March 29, 2018
- Everything You Need to Know About SVG Animation - March 26, 2018